People move in every stage of their lives and sometimes that means you’d have to move with little kids. Whether it’s because you got a new job or you’re moving closer to home, here are some helpful tips to make the move with toddlers a smoother one:
- Pack early - Pack unnecessary things way ahead of time. These things include wall decorations, mirrors and ornaments around the house. Go ahead and start packing up the kitchen as well and leave the necessities last. You won’t be hosting dinner parties any time soon so pack up glasses, plates and cutlery weeks in advance.
- Get your toddlers invovled - Let your toddlers help put the softer items like blankets and unnecessary items from their bedroom in to boxes. They’d love to feel like a part of the moving process and you can also carry on with other things to get done.
- Pack favorite toys last - Let your kids have the everyday toys he or she plays with in the process of moving. But, you can pack up books and other toys that won’t be noticed in absence.
- Stick to the same routine - Keep the same nap time and bed time all through out the moving process to avoid any confusion. Keep the same night time routine as well.
- Stick to the same layout - Keep your child’s room look and feel the same as the previous house as they adjust to the new place. Atleast they see something familiar and feel more comfortable.
- Baby proof the house right away - Once you arrive set-up the door stoppers, door protectors, plug socket covers, corner buffers, stair gates and cupboard locks. Put these things last in the truck so it’ll be the first out.
- Put a film on - This will keep your toddler entertained while you can get stuff done. Play a children’s film on a laptop or set-up the television right away.
- Order take-away - Don’t make it any harder on yourself and order take-away on move day. It’ll be one less thing to worry about.